Computer assistance and training
You can get computer assistance and training from a number of places, including Information Commons (IC) Helpdesks, Libraries and Learning Services, and the Centre for Learning and Research in Higher Education.
There are four IC Helpdesks that provide walk-in, email and telephone support for student computing resources and services:
- Kate Edger IC Helpdesk, City Campus
- Grafton IC Helpdesk
- Epsom IC Helpdesk
- Tāmaki Library and IC Helpdesk
Phone: +64 9 373 7599 ext 82333
There are several departmental computer laboratories where you can also get computer assistance. See Faculty computer laboratories.
Student Learning (Tā te Ākonga)
Student Learning Services provides a range of workshops and online resources for undergraduate and postgraduate students, see the Student Learning Services website
Room 320, Level 3
Kate Edger Information Commons
Phone: +64 9 3737599 ext 88850
Library Workshops provide an opportunity for you to get hands on experience using Library resources and University IT systems. They are also a good opportunity to ask questions about the Library and scholarly research methods. Attending a few Library Workshops early on in your studies will provide you with sound information retrieval skills to support your studies.
All workshops are free to attend and generally last one hour.
To book Library Workshops:
- Go to the Library Workshops website.
- Select the workshop you would like to attend.
- Select the date and time from the drop–down menu and click ‘Book this session’.
- Login via NetID and Password to book your place.
- If you have any difficulties booking Library Workshops, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The IT Training Programme at the CLeaR offers IT Training workshops for all postgraduate students.
Workshops range from two hours to six hours in duration and cover a wide range of software including:
- Microsoft Office applications
- Office and Windows upgrade
- TexNiC Centre and LaTeX
- Word Styles and Thesis Formatting
IT Training Programme
CLeaR Reception, Level 3, Fisher Building
18 Waterloo Quadrant
Phone: +64 9 373 7599 ext 88140
Enrol online at the IT Training programme website.