Designated study spaces and resource rooms
The University provides a number of specialised spaces and facilities for use by students with disabilities. These spaces are in high demand, and access is decided on need. If you have any queries regarding these resources, described below, please feel free to contact Disability Services.
The Todd Foundation Centre for Students with Disabilities helps make studying at our City Campus easier for people with a disability. The centre is located in the Recreation Centre, at Quad level.
The centre includes:
- computers, including screen readers, text readers and a scanner
- specialised equipment such as closed circuit television (CCTV)
- University network and library catalogue access
- individual and group study desks
- coffee and tea-making facilities
- rest room with bed and easy chair
- wheelchair-accessible toilet.
If you need somewhere to study using the specialised technology facilities or to rest between lectures, the centre is available to you free of charge. You will need an access card to gain entry. This is arranged through the co-ordinators.
There are three dedicated spaces within the General Library. The main study space on the first floor contains some specialised equipment and a number of computers.
The Disability Co-ordinators can arrange one-to-one assistance for library research.
Using the library is an extremely important part of tertiary study, so we recommend you arrange a tour in your first couple of weeks at University. Contact the library or the Disability Co-ordinators.
There is a room located on the second floor of the Kate Edger Information Commons, equipped with two computers and a height-adjustable desk.
There is a study space in the Davis Law Library that contains specialised equipment.
There is a study space in the Library that contains specialised equipment.
All computers in the Faculty of Education Information Commons have TextHelp Read and Write Gold.
Faculties, institutes, campuses and library
- Faculty of Arts
- Business School
- National Institute of Creative Arts and Industries
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Liggins Institute
- Auckland Bioengineering Institute
- Libraries and Learning Services
- More information...