Special Admission is a way to be considered for entrance if you are a New Zealand or Australian citizen or permanent resident, are over 20 years of age on the first day of semester and want to study at University, but don't have a formal university entrance qualification.
Important: Applications to The University of Auckland must be received no later than the published closing date and no later than 1 December 2012.
Applications received after 1 December will only be considered if places are available.
To be considered for Special Admission, you must:
- Have no formal university entrance qualification.
- Be a New Zealand or Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Be 20 years old on or before the first day of the semester you wish to apply for.
The University considers a number of factors indicative of your potential to succeed academically when assessing applications, including:
- Your previous education.
- Your training and work experience.
- Your English language skills.
- Your motivation to study.
You will be asked to provide this information as part of your online Application for Admission.
Some programmes require specific kinds of prior study or work experience or an interview as part of the application process.
- Complete the Application for Admission. You may have a maximum of 2 pending applications at any one time. Complete the Special Admission supplementary information page as part of your Application for Admission.
- Pay a $55 non-refundable application fee.
- Provide evidence of your legal name, date of birth and citizenship/residency status.
- Provide certified copies of documents relating to your previous study (eg Official Academic Transcripts, Certificates).
- Complete any programme-specific requirements (eg interview).
Applications must be received no later than the published closing date and no later than 1 December 2012 to meet application deadlines for study in 2013. Applications received after 1 December will only be considered if places are available.
There is a variety of programmes you can apply for under Special Admission for study in 2013.
Important: In addition to gaining entrance to the University, you must meet the admission requirements for your programme of study. Some of our programmes require specific achievement in prior study or work experience. Some programmes have other requirements such as an interview as part of the selection process.