The Equity Committee advises on University policy in staff and student equity and Disability Services; develops University plans for those areas, and monitors and reports on the policies and plans and on the University’s progress.
- To advise Senate and Council on University equity strategy, plans, policy, projects and outcomes.
- To monitor and report on the implementation of the University’s equity strategy, plans, policy, and projects.
- To support the development of faculty, service division and University equity strategy, projects, plans and reports.
- To support faculty and service division equity committees.
Note: 1) Conflicts of Interest
Committee members must declare any real or perceived conflicts of interest in line with the requirements of the University’s Conflicts of Interest Policy.
Note: 2) Confidentiality
Committee members have a responsibility to treat all information with appropriate confidentiality. This includes matters tabled or discussed at the Committee meetings, as well as any additional issues that are raised outside meetings.
- The Pro Vice-Chancellor (Equity)
- One Council representative
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)
- Pro Vice-Chancellor (Māori)
- Director, Human Resources
- Director Campus Life
- Director Academic Services
- Director of the Schools Partnership Office
- Chairs of each Faculty Equity Committee
- Chair of the Pacific Reference Group
- Representative of the Academic Women’s Group
- Professional Staff representative
- Student representative
- Director, Student Equity
- Director, Staff Equity
- Disability Services Manager
- Co-opted Member: University Librarian (Nominee: Associate University Librarian)
Equity Committee reports to Council through Senate
Visit the Equity homepage
2013 meeting dates
|Thursday 7 March||11am - 1pm||Council Room 210, ClockTower Building|
|Thursday 2 May||11am - 1pm||Council Room 210, ClockTower Building|
|Thursday 27 June||11am - 1pm||Council Room 210, ClockTower Building|
|Thursday 5 September||11am - 1pm||Council Room 210, ClockTower Building|
|Thursday 14 November||11am - 1pm||Room 102, Alfred Nathan House, 24 Princes Street|
The Pacific Reference Group provides policy advice to the University on Pacific issues. The group reports to the Equity Committee.
This review identified equity groups at The University of Auckland and specified which equity groups will be the focus of programmes and those for which there will be other means of achieving equity outcomes.
Faculties, institutes, campuses and library
- Faculty of Arts
- Business School
- National Institute of Creative Arts and Industries
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Liggins Institute
- Auckland Bioengineering Institute
- Libraries and Learning Services
- More information...