8 March 2012
What does it take to be a success?
Every year The University of Auckland’s Distinguished Alumni Award winners inspire and impress with the high level of achievement in their field – and this year is no exception.
Join us for an inspirational evening of six of The University of Auckland’s highest achieving graduates, hosted by Qantas Media Award winner and Sunday Star-Times columnist Finlay Macdonald.
- Date: Thursday 8 March 2012
- Time:Pre-event drinks: 6.00pm – 6.30pm Event: 6.30pm – 8.00pm
- Venue: Maidment Theatre
- $30 – includes a complimentary glass of Goldie wine on arrival
- Click here to buy tickets online
- Are you a member of The University of Auckland Society?
- University of Auckland Society member VIP tickets
- $20 – includes a glass of Goldie wine on arrival, preferential seating, and entrance to Award winner meet-and-greet post event function at 8:15pm
- Click here to purchase Society member VIP ticket
The 2012 Distinguished Alumni Award Winners are:
- Professor Charles Alcock – Faculty of Science graduate: Director of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
- Don McGlashan – Faculty of Arts graduate: One of New Zealand’s most celebrated song-writers and singer and songwriter in The Mutton Birds;
- Dr Mark Sagar – Faculty of Engineering graduate: Winner of two consecutive Academy Awards for digital motion capture technology used in Avatar, King Kong;
- Dame Robin White - Fine Arts graduate (National Institute of Creative Arts & Industries), one of this country’s greatest visual artists;
- Emeritus Professor Ranginui Walker – Faculty of Education graduate and Faculty of Arts graduate: Professor of Māori Studies from 1993-1997 and Pro-Vice Chancellor (Māori) from 1996-1997 at The University of Auckland;
- Young Alumna of the Year is Dr Privahini Bradoo – graduate of both the Faculty of Science and Faculty of Medical and Health Science, co-founder and CEO of BioMine, a green mining start-up.
At Auckland Live! 2012 you will hear aspirations and inspiration, as well as gain some practical insights on how to maximise your own potential.
Plus – every registration goes in the draw to win a mixed six bottle case of Goldie wine!
Register now – places are limited. See you at Auckland Live!
For more information contact email@example.com