12 March 2012
7 - 9pm
Venue: Viaduct Events Centre, Latitude Lounge Level 3
Cost: Free public attendance
Contact info: Elyse Kirke
Contact email: email@example.com
Register: Visit www.hpyd.org.nz or phone (09) 923 5347.
Panel discussion on Volvo 70 design and sailability and the launch of new Master of Engineering Studies in Yacht Engineering degree.
Hosted by yachting commentator Peter Montgomery, the panel will discuss how hard it is to sail the VO70s to their full potential, how much effort that requires from crew, how design for seaworthiness is considered, and hypothetically if you didn’t have to look after the crew how much faster could you make them whilst staying inside the rules.
Panel members include:
- Chris Nicholson (Skipper, Camper / ETNZ)
- Tony Mutter (Watch Captain, PUMA Ocean Racing)
- Mike Sanderson (Skipper, Team Sanya)
- Simon Fisher (Helmsman, Abu Dhabi Ocean Racing)
- Giovanni Belgrano (Designer, Camper/ETNZ)
- Ian Campbell (Design consultant, Wolfson Unit)
- Gautier Sergent (Sail designer, Groupama Sailing Team)