RSS is most commonly considered to stand for 'Really Simple Syndication'
RSS feeds are a way to find out when new news content has been added to The University of Auckland website.
You can have RSS feeds delivered directly to your web browser, or you can download a newsreader. Whenever we add a news item to The University of Auckland website, your browser or newsreader will automatically collect it, without having to visit the website itself.
Your web browser or feed reader will update each feed every time new content is added, depending on which feeds you have subscribed to.
Use the following steps to help you subscribe to the RSS feeds
|Built into browser||For Windows||For Mac||For Linux||Online|
|Firefox Sage Extension||FeedDemon||Newsfire||K.R.S.S*||Newsgator|
|(*) Free versions|
If you have already have an RSS feed reader please proceed to the next step.
Subscribe to a feed using a newsreader
- Drag the orange RSS button into your News Reader
- Drag the URL of the RSS feed into your News Reader
- Cut and paste the URL of the RSS feed into your News Reader
Subscribe to a feed using the Firefox (ver. 3.x) browser
- Click on the orange RSS button, choose which feed you wish to subscribe to and then select 'live bookmarks' from the drop down menu next to the heading 'Subscribe to this feed using'.
Subscribe to a feed using the Internet Explorer (ver. 7.x) browser.
- Click on the orange RSS button, and select 'Subscribe to this feed'.