Contact the staff diversity, equity, and inclusion team
The University is committed to meeting its equal employment opportunities obligations under its Te Ara Tautika | Equity Policy, its statutory obligations and under the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
The Staff Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team develops policy and strategies that enable staff to contribute fully to the University’s success, and help ensure employment decisions and processes are based on merit.
Faculties, LSRIs and service divisions participate in policy development via the Equity Action Network.
Staff equity, diversity and inclusion related responsibilities include:
- Helping to identify and remove barriers to equity in employment.
- Developing policies and monitoring the effectiveness of the University's equity programmes.
- Consulting and liaising with relevant individuals and groups to achieve equity aims.
- Aiming to increase acceptance of, and compliance with, equity objectives.
- Developing specific policies on personnel and equity matters.
- Identifying employment practices and procedures requiring review, and produces guidelines for any necessary improvements.
- Reviewing training and staff development practices from an equity, diversity and inclusion perspective.
- Providing training/facilitation on equity topics.
Contact the Staff Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Team
Associate Director Staff Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, HR
Dr Guillermo Merelo, email: email@example.com
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Experience Lead
Shasha Ali, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask us - Equity contacts
For some of the Waipapa Taumata Rau staff who can help you with equity related queries including:
- Student equity team contacts for staff members with student queries
- Staff diversity, equity and inclusion networks and support
- Student networks and support
- Contact details for equity related queries
- Associate Deans and Directors Equity in the Faculties and LSRIs
- Equity related committees and networks
Visit the Ask us - Equity contacts page.