Contact the staff equity team
Staff Equity develops policy and strategies that enable staff to contribute fully to the University’s success and help ensure employment decisions and processes are based on merit.
Staff equity duties include:
- Helping to identify and remove barriers to equity in employment.
- Developing policies and monitoring the effectiveness of the University's equity programmes.
- Consulting and liaising with relevant individuals and groups to achieve equity aims.
- Aiming to increase acceptance of, and compliance with, equity objectives.
- Developing specific policies on personnel and equity matters.
- Identifying employment practices and procedures requiring review, and produces guidelines for any necessary improvements.
- Reviewing training and staff development practices from an equity perspective.
- Providing training/facilitation on equity topics.