Arts Postgraduate Poster Competition
Showcase your postgraduate research by entering the Arts Postgraduate Poster Competition.
The competition will take place from 13–17 May 2019 and all posters will be on display in the Arts Students' Centre.
There will be some great prizes up for grabs and a chance to enter the university-wide Exposure competition. Come along to view the posters and have a chance to vote for the People's Choice Award.
Registrations will open Monday 25 March 2019 and will close Friday 3 May 2019.
Please take the time to read through the terms and conditions before entering the competition.
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to all current postgraduate students from the Faculty of Arts, both taught and research based. The competition is not open to graduates, so you cannot enter if you have submitted your thesis or dissertation — including soft-bound for examination — or if you plan to submit before the end of October 2019.
- If your poster is placed in the top ten at the competition it will be entered into the university-wide Exposure competition if it fits their competition criteria.
- Posters should be A1 size and we strongly advise that you consider laminating your poster to prevent any possible damages.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. We regret that feedback may not be given to entrants.
- If multiple students are engaged in a research project, each may submit a separate entry only if the content covered by each entry is unique, e.g. different aspects of the research project/question are encompassed. Final discretion lies with the judges.
- You are the sole contributor of your entry. All aspects of your entry, including graphics, are to be your own work. Any included interviews or close-up photographs of identifiable people are to be used with their written permission.
- Posters are to be delivered to Building 216, Room G01 by Wednesday 8 May 2019 and will be put on display in the Arts Students' Centre. Judging will take place 13–17 May 2019 and winners will be announced on 22 May 2019.
- You will be responsible for all printing/laminating costs incurred by entering the Arts Postgraduate Poster Competition.
Learn how to make an effective poster
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.