MBA events and information sessions
Find out about the events and information sessions we run throughout the year
Discover | MBA Information Session | Online
Meet our MBA Programme Director and Business Development Manager, Professional Programmes, online to learn more about everything you need to know about the MBA, including course content, programme structure, employability opportunities and how the programme can benefit both your candidate and your business.
More information about our upcoming sessions will be available soon.
Explore | MBA Taster Session | Online
Experience life as an MBA student at one of our Taster sessions. You will have the chance to meet academics teaching on the MBA; participate in a real-world MBA case study, experiencing first-hand the learning and teaching style of the programme; plus you will hear from our current MBA students who will share their insights and recommendations.
More information about our upcoming Explore sessions will be available soon.
Connect | MBA Industry Engagement | In person
Join us in welcoming a leader of industry who will share their insights, experiences, and tips-and-tricks for getting ahead in business, all over that most Kiwi of things: a cup of coffee!
You will also have the opportunity to meet current MBA students. Previous events have involved speakers from organisations such as Xero, Westpac, and Air New Zealand. Held three times per quarter.
University of Auckland MBA Alumni Club (AMBAAC)
Each year AMBAAC hosts workshops, case studies, masterclasses and boardroom discussions for its members. Graduates from the MBA programme can join via the AMBAAC registration form.
Once registered you will be invited to join the AMBAAC LinkedIn group.
In Business | Industry Engagement, Panel Discussion | In person and online
Join us for our exclusive industry engagement events where we host a revolving panel of business leaders, industry figures and University of Auckland Business School academics, all discussing a particular topic du jour. Previous themes have included supermarket wars, space innovation ecosystems and leadership in a virtual world.
Held at least once per quarter.
If your organisation is interested in hosting one of these events, please contact our Professional Programmes team.
- Sir Peter Gluckman, Director, Koi Tū: the Centre for Informed Futures
- Bill Hughes, Director of Vehicle Engineering, Rocket Lab
- Peter Crabtree, Former GM Science Innovation and International, MBIE and leadership of the New Zealand Space Agency
- Professor Guglielmo Aglietti, Director of the Space Institute at the University of Auckland
- Mat Rowe, Executive Director, Outset Ventures
- John Olsen, Director, Mentemia
- Kim Culpan, Head of Culture & Capability, NZ Post
- Bindi Norwell, CEO, ProCare
- Sally Manuireva, General Manager - Museum Experience, Museum of Transport and Technology (MOTAT)
- Dan Walker, Global Co-Chair of Indigenous ERG, Microsoft
- Nick Sautner, CEO, Eden Park
- Thomas Zurflueh, General Manager - Distribution Solutions New Zealand, ABB
- Kim Tay, Director of Online Training, NZ Institute of Wellbeing and Resilience