Our most flexible pathway to a Business qualification
Future-proof your career and open up a world of further study and professional development opportunities through this flexible pathway. Having no prior degree is no barrier.
Who is it for?
- Perhaps you're a middle or senior-level manager who has risen up the ranks on the strength of your extensive experience?
- Or a self-made business owner/entrepreneur with a wealth of hands-on knowledge and skills?
- Or you may be a community-minded leader who has been performing a leadership or management role for your organisation or community/whānau for some time now?
If you already have a degree, you may be looking for a study pathway to quickly update your business skills and knowledge.
Or if you don't have a degree, you may be thinking of picking up a short-duration Business qualification to validate your knowledge and skill set and enhance your job security.
If you're keen to advance your business knowledge and skills, we have a study pathway designed to suit your needs and open the gateway to a range of career, professional development and further study options for you.
Talk to one of our friendly Advisers to discuss if this pathway is for you.
(09) 923 5022 (within Auckland)
0800 61 62 65 (outside Auckland)
+64 9 373 7513 (overseas)
What are the benefits?
- You will gain a Business qualification from our world-ranked Business School, which can enhance your employment opportunities and open more doors to further education, career opportunities and business connections.
- Flexible structure. Designed for part-time study, with courses delivered on weekday evenings (6-9pm) to fit around your work and personal time commitments.
- Offered at our South Auckland Campus. If you live or work in South or East Auckland, you will be able to study locally.
- You will have access to the full range of support services available to all University of Auckland students – from application through to study and career guidance.
- You may be eligible for Free Fees provided you have not studied more than 60 points.
- Scholarships may be available for this pathway. Details will be provided soon.
Where can I attend the courses?
Classes are scheduled on weekday evenings to offer flexibility for working professionals. This pathway will be offered at:
Te Papa Ako o Tai Tonga South Auckland Campus
You will be based at 6 Osterley Way, in the heart of Manukau. If you live or work in South or East Auckland, you will have the convenience of being able to study closer to work or home, while having access to all University academic and personal support, and administration services.
What will I learn?
- You will learn the fundamentals of business and get the confidence to step up or take a new direction in your career.
- You will study four Business courses (60 points) in Business in Society, Organisations and Culture, Effective Decision Making, and The Global Economy and New Zealand over two to four quarters (six to twelve months).
- You will have the opportunity to study and work closely with our outstanding academics in a supportive learning environment and community.
How soon can I start?
The programme will be available from Quarter Two (April) 2021. Applications are now open.