Simon Devitt Prize for Photography: Entry requirements
All Architecture, Design, Fine Arts, Urban Design and Urban Planning students are encouraged to enter this popular photography competition. Entries closed Monday 12 September 2022, 4pm.
This year's theme: New world order, altered reality, change maker
Win: Enter to win NZ$1,000 and a trophy.
Who: Open to all students currently enrolled in an Architecture, Design, Fine Arts, Urban Design or Urban Planning degree in the Faculty of Creative Arts and Industries at the University of Auckland.
How: Submit your photograph by Monday 12 September 2022, 4pm. One entry per student.
- Name the file with your name, ID number and the title of the photograph, e.g. "NameName-12345678-EasyLiving"
- Digital specifications must be followed: at minimum, the image must be of resolution to print A3 (297mm x 420mm).
Terms and conditions of entry
By entering this award competition, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit, including ownership if applicable. If your photograph is selected, you grant Simon Devitt and the University of Auckland a royalty-free, non-exclusive right, in perpetuity, to only:
- Use the photograph on the internet in support of promotion of this annual award.
- Use the photograph in all promotional material pertaining to the award (i.e. printed posters, brochures, event listings).
- Keep the files provided, and to archive the images in electronic form, so that your photos can be used in support of promotion of this annual award and be properly credited.
- As conditions of this permission, Simon Devitt and the University of Auckland shall credit all photographs with the caption "Person's Name, Title of Photograph".
- Thematic relevance will be given primary consideration.
- The level of creativity used to illustrate the theme of the competition, including technique and aesthetic quality, will also be taken into consideration.
- A copy of each entry will be reviewed by a judging panel. Winning entries will be selected by Simon Devitt, Photographer.