Simon Devitt Prize for Photography: Entry requirements
All Creative Arts and Industries students are encouraged to enter this popular faculty photography competition. Entries open Tuesday 17 August 2021 and close Thursday 16 September 2021, 4pm.
This year's theme: Take Refuge
Win: Enter to win NZ$1,000 and a trophy.
Who: Open to all students currently enrolled in a full-time degree in the Faculty of Creative Arts and Industries at the University of Auckland.
How: Submit your photograph (or a cohesive series of up to 3 photographs) by Thursday 16 September 2021, 4pm.
Have questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name the file with your name, ID number and the title of the photograph, e.g. "John_Smith-12345678-Yoghurt_Living"
- Digital specifications must be followed: at minimum, the image must be of resolution to print A3 (297mm x 420mm).
Terms and conditions of entry
By entering this award competition, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit, including ownership if applicable. If your photograph is selected for the online and physical exhibition, you grant Simon Devitt and the University of Auckland a royalty-free, non-exclusive right, in perpetuity, to only:
- Use the photograph on the internet in support of promotion of this annual award.
- Use the photograph in all promotional material pertaining to the award (i.e. printed posters, brochures, event listings).
- Keep the files provided, and to archive the images in electronic form, so that your photos can be used in support of promotion of this annual award and be properly credited.
- As conditions of this permission, Simon Devitt and the University of Auckland shall credit all photographs with the caption "Person's Name, Title of Photograph".
- Thematic relevance will be given primary consideration.
- The level of creativity used to illustrate the theme of the competition, including technique and aesthetic quality, will also be taken into consideration.
- A copy of each entry will be reviewed by a judging panel. Winning entries will be selected by Simon Devitt, Photographer.
- Successful exhibiting entrants will be notified by email by Tuesday 21 September.
- The award recipient will be notified during the exhibition.