Study abroad with Urban Planning

Complete part of your degree while earning credits towards your University of Auckland degree. You can study for one or two semesters, or take advantage of shorter opportunities such as Summer School.

Urban Planning

When to go

Bachelor of Urban Planning (Honours): The best time to go on exchange in the BUrbPlan(Hons) is Semester Two of your second year. 

Where to go

Semester exchange participants can choose from over 130 partner universities across more than 30 countries. Please be sure to check the host university fact sheets and relevant exchange/study abroad sections of the host university website to ensure suitable courses are available for your major(s) and/or subject area(s) of interests at any of your preferred partner universities. When researching potential host universities, be sure to check that your preferred courses are:

  • open to exchange students
  • likely to be on offer in the appropriate semester
  • aligned with open spaces in your degree

Where have previous Urban Planning students gone to on exchange?

  • University of Groningen, Netherlands

Previously approved courses

Please click below to see courses approved within the last two years for students studying Urban Planning at exchange universities.

Disclaimer: Please note that you may only use this list as a guide for researching potential courses for your exchange.

Please download and sign the Disclaimer Form below to acknowledge that at any courses you are approved to have credited back into your BUrb Plan (Hons) at the University of Auckland will be entered onto your record without the grades awarded by the overseas institution.

What you need to do

Please check on the host university’s course catalogue that the course/s are still offered in the semester you are intending to go on exchange. If the upcoming year’s course catalogue is not available, refer to the current or past course catalogues. Courses may be more likely, but not guaranteed, to be offered in the same semester in the following year.

Your courses need to be signed off by both the department adviser and the faculty. Once your Course Approval Form has been signed off by the department, provide your form to the Student Hubs for faculty approval from the Associate Dean (Academic).

There may be other courses also available not listed here, but you need to check with the School before you go to ensure courses are approved by the department and faculty.

Where to get course info

You will need to visit the website of the university you are interested in going to on your exchange.

Who to contact