Critical Edge 2021 Workshops
Make use of our writing and research resources to give your thesis the critical edge it needs to succeed.
About the Critical Edge workshops
From May to November, the Critical Edge workshops provide a place for academic staff, masters and doctoral students from the Faculty of Creative Arts and Industries, University of Auckland to meet, eat, share ideas and gain new practical tools. Facilitated by guest specialists, the events provide stimulating sustenance within a supportive research community. These workshops are organised by Dr Farzaneh Haghighi, Associate Dean Postgraduate Research and Sameh Shamout, PhD candidate.
Whether you are at the start or end of your doctoral journey, a current academic supervisor; researching Architecture, Urban Design, Urban Planning, Heritage Conservation, Design, Fine Arts, Dance or Music, these events will help you to produce, supervise, and publish knowledge of international significance in a collegial environment.
Please note some dates later in the year might change. Refer to this webpage for the most up-to-date information. Looking forward to seeing you at the workshops!
Employability in conversation with recent PhD graduates (Dance)
- When: Thursday 30 September, 3-3.30pm
- Presented by: Dr David Zeitner
- Location: Online via Zoom
Writing Retreat workshop
This workshop is limited to 10 students. Students are required to email Sameh Shamout (email@example.com) by 1 August to confirm your attendance. Each student is to submit their thesis abstract to be reviewed by Susan prior to the workshop.
- When: Tuesday 5 October, 9am-1 pm
- Presented by: Associate Professor Susan Carter, Dr Evija Trofimova
- Location: Building 260 (OGGB), Room 323, Business School, University of Auckland City Campus, 12 Grafton Rd, Auckland Central.
Research Methodology and Practice-led Methodology workshop
- When: Tuesday 30 November, 12-1.30pm
- Presented by: Associate Professor Julia Gatley and Associate Professor Kai Gu
- Location: Online via Zoom
Practice-led Methodology workshop
- When: July 2021
- Presented by: Professor Andrew Barrie and Dr Sarosh Mulla
- Recording link access passcode: T^c*9o*7
Research Methodology workshop
- When: 29 July 2021
- Presented by: Associate Professor Alys Longley
Introduction to Library resources workshop
- When: 31 August 2021
- Presented by: Fiona Lamont, Research Services Adviser and Dr Ana Maria Benton, Language Learning Adviser
For our in-person events, please use the COVID-19 tracer app and QR codes on display to register your attendance.
Should there be a change from COVID-19 Alert Level 1, in-person events will be available via Zoom. An email communication with the Zoom link will be distributed to those registered.