Postgraduate Research Student Symposium 2021
This year’s EDSW PG Poster Research Symposium will be online due to Covid-19.
This is an opportunity to share your research in progress or completed by presenting a poster and giving a brief presentation about it.
Share and learn from your Education and Social Work research peers, celebrate their projects, and vote for your favourite poster in the People’s Choice award. You can vote here.
For further information, please email PGRM School at email@example.com
2021 EDSW PG Research Poster Symposium
- 30 October submissions close
- 20 November 2pm-5pm: Online 3-5 min poster presentation. Sign up here.
- 20 - 26 November: online exhibition via Figshare and voting for People's Choice awards
Winners will then be contacted directly by organisers.
- Your name
- Your supervisor's name
- Title of presentation
- Aspect of your research methods
- Abstract (max 150 words)
Posters will be displayed on Figshare on 20 November for seven days when all entrants will give a brief introduction to posters over Zoom to the audience.
Vote for your favourite poster for the People’s Choice awards and go in the draw to win a $30 voucher.
Posters should strike a balance between academic content and presentation of the work to a broad audience.
Posters will be scored based on three criteria:
- Academic content
- Appeal to a broad audience
The design of the poster must be the student’s own work and must be static, so please no moving images with the help of a smartphone or tablet.
Judges' Choice awards:
- 1st $500
- 2nd $300
- 3rd $100
People’s Choice Best poster
- 1st $200
- 2nd $100
- 3rd $50
- Two $30 vouchers randomly drawn for presenters who did not otherwise win
Terms and Conditions
- Posters submitted must be digital.
- All entrants must ensure that they are the original first author of the poster.
- To enter, please register via Eventbrite link.
- Judges’ decision is final.
Electronic posters will be displayed online on Figshare.