Postgraduate Diploma in Education - Literacy specialisation
|Length||One year full-time study or up to four years part-time study
|Delivery||Blended delivery of online sessions with compulsory on-campus sessions at Epsom|
|Programme requirements||120 points: Comprising four 30-point core courses|
|Entry requirements||See programme page for entry requirements|
|This programme is currently not being offered to international students.
- Gain the knowledge and expertise to be a literacy leader in your school or educational setting.
- Focus on approaches and the application of strategies to enhance your students' language and literacy.
- Develop expertise to meet the needs of low literacy achievers.
- Analyse and critique relevant research and undertake your own inquiry into your practice.
- An approved programme for Resource Teachers: Literacy.
- 120 points from: EDPROFST 700–708
Courses offered in 2021
|Course code||Course title||Semester|
|EDPROFST 702||Challenges of Literacy Difficulties||Semester 2|
|EDPROFST 703||Leading Literacy Inquiries||Semester 2|
|EDPROFST 700||Literacies Education: Research and Practice||Semester 1|
||Language Analysis for Teachers (this course is currently full)
|EDPROFST 707||Children’s Literature in Education||Semester 1|
Not all courses are available each year.
The order and shape of your courses may need to be tailored to meet your experience and needs. Please contact the programme leader, Rebecca Jesson, or a student adviser to discuss your options.
Ministry of Education: Tertiary fees funding support
The courses within this programme have been approved by the Ministry of Education (MoE) for a 50% fees subsidy for eligible primary and intermediate teachers. Funding is provided to support teachers to study a literacy course at postgraduate level.
Criteria apply. See here for more information.