Manukau Postgraduate Network
Postgraduate students living and working in South Auckland now have access to a supportive network to develop your study skills, access resources and get advice and help from staff and fellow students.
The Manukau Postgraduate Network is a new initiative to connect postgraduate students studying at the Faculty of Education and Social Work who live or work in South Auckland.
The network provides a collaborative and collegial learning community to enable postgraduate and masters students who live or work in the South Auckland area to develop academic skills and content knowledge required to succeed in your course of study.
As a member you will have the opportunity to share and discuss your academic and study-related experiences and engage with resources and activities designed to help you within your chosen postgraduate programme.
The network is facilitated by Faculty of Education and Social Work staff as part of the University of Auckland at Manukau programme.
Connect, share and learn throughout the year
The network will regularly meet during Semester 1 and Semester 2 of the 2019 academic year and members can join at any time.
The first network event will be held on:
- Saturday, 2 March 2019 10am-1pm
at Manukau Institute of Technology, Otara, North Campus in Room NO210
What does the Manukau Postgraduate Network offer?
The network offers workshops for developing academic study, writing and research skills, including:
- How to critique a research article
- How to search for appropriate academic articles
- Academic writing
- How to write a literature review
- How to ensure all aspects of assignment questions are answered
- A mid-year two-day writing retreat focused on research and writing
- The opportunity to join the Manukau Postgraduate Writing Group that meets during the academic year on Wednesdays from 4pm-9pm. Writing is done either in solitude or in a group setting. Participants set writing goals at the beginning of the session, and time is set aside to discuss and reflect on progress
- The opportunity to network with postgraduate students living and working in the Auckland region
- Social events to provide an opportunity for students to get to know other postgraduate students
- Assistance to access key support services such as Student Health and Counselling, Academic Support Services, library support, digital and Canvas support, spiritual and religious support, and Student Disability Services
- Targeted tutorials may be arranged for specific courses where postgraduate students need additional support to understand course content
Who is eligible to be part of the Manukau Postgraduate Network?
You are eligible if you are enrolled in a postgraduate programme at the Faculty of Education and Social Work at the University of Auckland whether you are studying at Manukau or our Epsom Campus.
If the network sounds like something you might be interested in, we look forward to meeting you in a relaxed and supportive environment.
Register for the network
To register for the network and receive updates about upcoming events please fill in this form. Please note that by filling in this form, you are agreeing to receive information from the University of Auckland.
Registration is open all year around.