We are looking for volunteers with plaque psoriasis to help us with a study investigating the effects of stress and environmental enrichment on psoriasis.
Participation will include two sessions at the University of Auckland's Grafton Campus. The first session involves a free 20 minute skin check by a specialist dermatologist to assess your psoriasis. The second session, the experimental part of the study, will last fewer than 2 hours and involve measuring your psoriasis after a short speech task and a recovery period.
For participating, you will be offered a $40 Westfield voucher and a chance to win a $100 voucher.
- Diagnosis of chronic stable plaque psoriasis
- Over the age of 16 years
- Fluent in English
- No other significant skin conditions
- Not currently taking any systemic (oral) therapy for psoriasis including cyclosporin, methotrexate, acitretin, or concurrent phototherapy or biologic agents. You must have been off all systemic psoriasis treatments for at least 3 months to be eligible to participate
- Not on any other immunosuppressive medications
- No recent or anticipated changes in anti-depressant or anxiolytic medications
If you are unsure if you fit these eligibility criteria, you can still attend the first screening session to be assessed by the study dermatologist and have a free skin-check.
For further information or to sign up, please read the participant information sheet and consent form below before contacting:
Approved by the University of Auckland Human Participants Ethics Committee on 27/06/2019 for 3 years, Reference Number 023106