What is the programme about?
The Google team work with clients, small and large, to maximise their digital presence. The team kept hearing their clients say how hard it was to find skilled and experienced digital media professionals, so, known for creative ideas and innovative solutions, the Google team hatched a plan. What if they could build awareness about career opportunities in digital media so that more people know about this exciting evolving word, and also train people in the skills the industry needs.
In 2013 they teamed up with CDES and did just that! Offering University of Auckland students industry coveted skills, free Google AdWords accreditation, and real industry experience.
Who is it for?
This programme is a MUST for any student (from any faculty) interested in marketing and advertising!
Dates and Details
The programme is run in graduated phases. To get the most out of the programme, it is highly recommended you do all three phases, but if you just want to do what 1, or 1 & 2, you can.
The programme starts with the Kick Off Info Event on Tuesday 28 July (details and RSVP below).
For the full programme details, see Digital Media & AdWords Programme 2015.
- Tuesday 28 July - Kick Off Info Event
- Wednesday 12 August - Digital Media & AdWords Seminar 1
- Thursday 20 August - Digital Media & AdWords Seminar 2
- Monday 31 August - Career Workshop 1: Secrets to Succeeding in Advertising
- Tuesday 6 October - Career Workshop 2: What's your Brand?
- Tuesday 13 October - Careers Summit
What will I get out of it?
- Learn about career pathways in digital media
- Gain skills that are in high demand
- Obtain free Google AdWords accreditation
- Practice your new skills in a real workplace environment
- Network with top employers from the Advertising industry
This will give you a real kick start towards career pathways in digital media and advertising.