Investment Banking - Summer Intern Position 2017/2018
Are you interested in financial markets and corporate activity?
Forsyth Barr is New Zealand’s largest independent investment bank and sharebroker, offering a full range of services from investment banking, to portfolio management, sharebroking and fixed interest investments. We have 20 offices throughout the country, employ over 110 advisors and advise on client funds totalling $4 billion.
Forsyth Barr’s Investment Banking team comprises 12 highly skilled and experienced individuals located in Auckland and Wellington. We specialise in offering advice to companies on: the issuance of equity (such as initial public offerings and rights issues); mergers, acquisitions and divestments; issuance of debt securities; and corporate finance issues. Members of our team have been involved in New Zealand’s largest and most complex transactions over the last 10 years.
We are seeking highly motivated and outstanding individuals to join our Investment Banking Division as Interns during the summer of 2017/2018.
As an investment banking intern, your role would primarily involve:
- financial modelling and analysis of businesses including forecasting and valuations
- preparation of presentations and memoranda for new and existing transactions
- assisting in the preparation of reports, investment statements, information memoranda and other documents
- providing analytical support for various corporate finance projects
As part of your internship you will also spend time in other divisions within Forsyth Barr including Research and Institutional Trading.
We encourage applications from candidates from all fields of study who can demonstrate a strong interest in commercial activity and financial markets.
Our ideal candidates would have the following qualities:
- be in the penultimate year of an undergraduate degree
- be highly competent in Excel and other MS Office tools
- have excellent analytical and business writing skills
- have strong interpersonal skills
- be highly motivated for a career in investment banking
- possess a demonstrable interest in corporate finance and capital markets
To apply, please email a covering letter, CV and university transcript, by 12pm, Friday 10 March 2017 to: email@example.com.
Please ensure that the subject line reads “Investment Banking Internship”.
Don't miss this opportunity. Book your place now!