- Get some work experience while you’re still a student. Whether it’s a part-time job, internship or volunteering, it will help you grow your networks and learn more about what you like and don't like.
- Make a plan! List companies you’re interested in, research recruitment companies and set some goals.
- Browse the CDES Job Board and other job sites.
- Look online at the ‘Careers’ or ‘Jobs’ sections of companies you’re interested in to check for the latest vacancies and learn about their recruitment processes.
- Optimise your LinkedIn profile to make connections and search for opportunities. Make sure all your other social media platforms are appropriate and set them to private.
- Network, network, network! Go to career expos and career and recruitment events, and put yourself out there.
Did you know that around 75% of hiring managers and recruiters will check your social media profiles?
Check out our how to find internships, part-time jobs or graduate positions and LinkedIn profile workshops for more hot tips.
Upcoming 'how to find work opportunities' workshops:
26 April, 1.30-2.30pm