- You don’t need to accept a job offer on the spot. Take some time once you receive a written offer or contract to read through it and consider if it’s really what you want. Make sure you have all the relevant details, including salary.
- Remember you can always get a lawyer, trusted family member or friend to look over your written offer or contract before you accept.
- Raise any concerns or ask any remaining questions you have before formally accepting the offer.
- Even if you’re a freelance or contract worker, always make sure you have a written contract!
- Careers New Zealand – dealing with job offers
- Citizens Advice Bureau – Employment agreements
- Employment New Zealand – Employment agreements
- Seek – Salary negotiation
- Employer/employee rights and responsibilities