LLB Part I Enrolment Guide
Find out all you need to know about enrolling for LLB Part I.
Enquire about enrolment
We strongly recommend that you read this enrolment guide for the LLB first year, and that you complete your enrolment for both semesters as classes fill up quickly.
- Download a prospectus if you don't already have a copy
- Discuss this prospectus with family, friends, careers advisers, teachers, current Law students and practising lawyers
- Visit our guide to getting admission to LLB Parts I and II
If you would like more information sent to you about any specific programme or area of study featured in this prospectus, visit the Auckland Law School website.
For further enquiries, contact the faculty:
Student Adviser (Undergraduate)
Law Student Centre, Level 2, Building 810
Phone: +64 9 923 1973
Apply for a place in a programme(s)
If you are applying for LLB Part I, you need to apply for Law and another bachelors degree (relevant to your non-law courses). If you are applying for a conjoint programme you should make a conjoint application in addition to applying for the two individual degrees. Admission to a conjoint programme with Law requires a higher entry standard.
- Sign up for a new account
- Complete the Application for Admission
- For LLB Part I, select “LLB Part I” for your plan
Submit your supporting documents
You will receive an acknowledgement email asking you to provide specific certified documents. Please be aware that documents can take three to four weeks to be processed during peak admission periods.
We’ll also send you a Student ID number. You can use this to sign into your Application for Admission, check your application status and see the documentation you need to provide.
Check it out: Your application status.
Accepting your offer and enrolling for LLB Part I courses
If your application is successful, we’ll email you an offer of place. For Semester One applications, this normally happens from mid-January.
You may receive a conditional offer but final approval will be dependent on fulfilment of the conditions of admission to BOTH the University and the programme.
- Go into Student Services Online (SSO) and accept the offer LLB (single or conjoint) with Law Part I specialisation
- Wait for at least 15 minutes
- Log onto SSO again and enrol in Semester One and Semester Two separately using Timetable Planner
How to use Timetable Planner
- Sign into Student Services Online, click the Enrol icon
- Click on Add classes with, then click on Timetable Planner
- Select the Semester you want.
- Click on the green Timetable Planner button
- Click Add Course - You can enrol using By Subject
- Choose your Subject and Course using the drop down menus
Enrolment for LLB Part I
To apply to LLB Part II in 2019, you must enrol in LAW 121G and three other papers from your other degree in Semester 1, and LAW 131, 141 and two other papers from your other degree for Semester 2.
- Click Add Course until all your courses are added. Click Done to be taken back to the main screen
- Click Generate Timetables to see a detailed view of the timetable and click View/Submit
- Click Send to Enrolment Cart
- Accept the Terms and Conditions and Click on Confirm Enrolment
- Repeat the steps above for Semester Two enrolment
Disclaimer: The University of Auckland may not be able to accommodate a student's personal commitments when developing potential clash-free timetables.
View now: LLB Part I degree structure.