Overseas Law graduates

If you are an overseas law graduate or practitioner and you wish to practise law in New Zealand, you will first need to apply to the New Zealand Council of Legal Education (NZCLE) for assessment of your qualifications and experience. For more information and a list of documents that are needed for your submission, visit the New Zealand Council of Legal Education. Students who are required to take more than one law course may wish to consider applying for the Graduate Diploma in Law or the Graduate Certificate in Law. These graduate qualifications enable law graduates to gain an academic qualification while fulfilling professional requirements required by the NZCLE and even focus in a new area of specialisation if they wish to do so.

To learn more about the available courses for overseas law graduates, follow the links below. 

Postgraduate Certificate in Law

Graduate Diploma in Law