The Auckland Law School Postgraduate Awards support and encourage academic outstanding students to study a Masters degree at the Auckland Law School.
- Applicable study: Master of Laws, Master of Legal Studies, Master of Taxation Studies
- Closing date: to be advised
- Value of awards: NZ$10,000
- For: Assistance with study
- Number of awards: Up to five
- Tenure: One year
The Awards were established by the Faculty of Law to encourage and support academically outstanding students to undertake a Master of Laws, Master of Legal Studies and Master of Taxation Studies at the Auckland Law School.
Find out more about postgraduate Law programmes.
The awards are intended to cover a substantial amount of the recipients’ costs. A Faculty of Law Postgraduate Award will be worth NZ$10,000 is awarded to five eligible international and/or domestic applicants.
The awards will be made by the Dean of Law (or their nominee), upon the recommendation of a selection committee.
The awards will be made on the basis of academic merit.
Students who have been offered an Award must meet all requirements for admission into one of the University of Auckland’s law postgraduate degree programmes in order to take up the Award offer.
It is a requirement that the awardee(s) must enrol and begin their studies by 16 July 2018.
In exceptional circumstances, applicants may obtain approval from the Dean of Law for a deferred commencement date.
How to apply
Application for the award shall be made in writing to:
Faculty of Law
University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Attention: Executive Assistant to the Dean
Application closing date
Application closing date to be advised.
Scholarship application documents
- Copies of your official university transcripts including the grades of all courses completed. (Successful applicants will be required to provide paper copies of their transcripts before awards are confirmed.)
- A current CV, including the names and contact details of two academic referees.
- A cover letter.
The Award may not he held concurrently with another University of Auckland Masters/ Honours / PGDip Scholarship or any other award or grant unless the regulations for that award or grant permit this and The Dean of The Faculty of Law (or nominee) agrees.