About Summer Stays
Auckland Summer Stays is a service provided by the University of Auckland, offering cost effective accommodation in Central Auckland over the summer months.
There are a number of catered and self-catered residences at the University of Auckland. During the academic year (February - November) these residences are home to students of the University. Outside of this time, early-December to early February, many of these properties are vacant and available for groups and independent travellers to rent.
You do not have to be a student to stay with us over summer; Summer Stays accommodation is available to anyone!
Most Summer Stays rooms are suitable for individual occupants, however we have a number of accommodation types available to book:
- Our Halls of Residence are for group bookings only. They offer single rooms with shared, lockable bathrooms and have an additional option to be catered
- Studio apartments: single bed-sit room with kitchenette and ensuite
- Shared apartment: For those travelling alone there are single rooms available in a three bedroom apartment. Or, if you are travelling as a group, there are three bedroom apartments with 3x single rooms (all single beds) or family apartments suitable for 4 people (2 bedrooms with a single bed each and 1 bedroom with a double bed.
The minimum stay for group bookings and studio apartment
bookings is two nights’ stay, with a three nights’ minimum stay for three bedroom apartments.
- Summer Stays rooms are fully furnished and well-cleaned.
- All linen and towels are provided, along with soap and shampoo.
- Coin operated washing machines and tumble dryers are available throughout all our buildings and cost $2 per wash/dry.
- There is limited parking available at Summer Stays accommodation, which can be booked for an additional cost. In 2018, parking is available at $10 per day at the Halls of Residence for groups only. There is no parking bookable through Summer Stays at Carlaw Park Village, however, there is a pay and display Wilson’s car park onsite that you can book separately.