We can help visiting lecturers and faculty guests find suitable accommodation, and arrange airport transfers with a preferred provider if required.
Old Government House
Old Government House provides on-campus apartments to visiting academic staff. Classical in style, it was the seat of government from its completion in 1856 until 1865 when the capital was moved to Wellington.
The historic building based in the centre of the City Campus, offers 2 studio apartments, 1 one-bedroom apartment, and 1 two-bedroom apartment.
The apartments are fully furnished and include kitchens with crockery and utensils, lounge rooms with televisions, bathrooms, shared laundry facilities, with linen and towels provided.
Telephones with free local access are provided, and wireless broadband internet access is available in the apartments. All apartments are serviced weekly.
We advise you to book early, as the apartments are very popular and often booked well in advance.
Booking conditions for Old Government House
- Cost: Apartments are priced between $470-$500 per week.
- Reservations: Are limited to six weeks only and are for a minimum of two weeks.
- Responsibility of payment: In all cases the host department shall remain ultimately responsible for payment. No reservation will be confirmed without an Activity Centre and Account Code.
- Deposit: To secure the booking, a deposit of two weeks is required, payable 2 weeks before check-in.
- Cancellations: Must be made in writing to email@example.com. The host department will remain liable for the prepaid deposit if the cancellation of booking is received less than two weeks prior to arrival. Amendments to the arrival date must be made two weeks prior to arrival, or the full balance of the original booking will be charged.
- Charges: Are per week, and include a weekly cleaning service. GST is included where guests are paying for themselves. Additional costs may be charged to the host department or if property has been damaged or if additional cleaning is required.
- The apartments within Old Government House are not suitable for children under the age of 12. Please advise Accommodation Solutions, at the time of booking, if any additional guests will be staying.
- Check-in at Old Government House is between 2pm and 5pm, and check-out is 10am.
- Bookings and enquiries can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.