Waipārūrū - Whitaker Block
Waipārūrū - Whitaker Block, is a short walk from the centre of Auckland City and the City Campus, is home to 160 students who are part of the Waipārūrū community.
About the residence
Facility owned and operated by the University of Auckland
Located at the end of Whitaker Place you will find Whitaker Block which is part of our Waipārūrū Hall community. This residence offers students a co-living experience with all the benefits of inner-city living, and optional meal plans for those looking for more flexibility.
The accommodation management team provides personal support throughout your stay and arrange a number of social and recreational activities during the year.
The Resident Manager, Resident Coordinator and Resident Advisers live on-site, with 24/7 reception services operating from Waipārūrū Hall.
|Hall profile||Waipārūrū Hall - Whitaker Block|
|Student type||First-year high school leavers & Undergraduates|
|Students per block||40-50|
|RA Ratio||1 : 40|
|Facilities on site||
|Location||27 Whitaker Place, Auckland Central|
|Distance to University General Library (Bldg 109)||950m (8 minute walk)|
|Residential Agreement period||Full academic year: 38 weeks & 3 nights
Semester One*/Two: 19 weeks
* The semester one residential period is only available to those students coming to study for semester one only.
- Every room comes furnished with a bed, wardrobe, desk, chair, noticeboard, bookshelf and towel rail.
- Residents provide their own bedding and linen. Alternatively a bedding pack can be purchased from our online accommodation shop before arrival.
- Electricity, water, access to University wifi and membership to the University Recreation centre are included.
|Room type||Residential period||2022 weekly rate||Features|
|Twinshare Deluxe||38 Weeks||$240.00||
Waipārūrū - Whitaker Block photo gallery
For more information
- See the Accommodation Fees.
- View the Residential Rules.
- Find out the 2022 Residential Agreement dates.
- Meal Plans: There are 3 optional meal plans available to Whitaker Block residents, with all meals served in the Waipārūrū dining room. Information on how to sign up will be made available to residents prior to move in.