Te Puna Kōhungahunga
One of the two centres available at the Epsom Campus and one of the University's two Māori medium early centres.
Whangaia te manuo te ngahere ki te miro, nana te ngahere
Whangaia te tamaiti ki te matauranga, nona te Ao!
Feed the bird of the forest the miro berry and he will own the forest
Feed the child knowledge and he will own the world
As kaiako of Te Puna Kōhungahunga, we aim to provide a safe, challenging, positive and caring environment. We aim to deliver quality learning experiences that encourage our mokopuna to be active learners using te reo me nga tikanga Māori me nga akoranga o te Ao Whanui, encompassing a holistic approach.
We want our tamariki to:
- be exposed to quality Te Reo Māori
- have an understanding and able to participate in nga tikanga Māori
- foster manaaki - respectful relationships
- foster Tuākana/teina relationships where they can look after each other
- mana tangata - be able to stand confidently in both worlds (as New Zealand is a bicultural nation)
- have pride in who they are - know their identity
- have respect for the environment
- love and feel valued and special
- have a feeling of belonging - this is their place
- have good self esteem, and self confidence
- a desire to learn.
Opening hours: 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday
For more information, contact:
Phone: +64 9 373 7599 ext: 88837
Direct dial: +64 9 623 8837
Visit Te Puna Kōhungahunga