We have a a wide variety of group fitness classes, free for members. No booking required. They’re run on a first-in, first-served basis.
Please note: Some classes are limited.
We also offer a range of Small Group Training Classes each week at a small fee. You must register at Reception. Some classes have capped numbers and enrolment is offered to those who register and pay first.
Please note that if classes don’t meet their numbers they may be withdrawn from the timetable. If you enjoy a class, please attend regularly and encourage your friends to come along with you.
New Summer Series class
This new outdoor fitness series is a six-week outdoor group fitness class to make the most of the summer sun. Three classes per week starting Monday 15 January.
These are free classes for all Rec Centre members and non members with no commitment required, just turn up on the day. Spaces are limited.
- Monday: 9am
- Wednesday: 11am
- Friday: 1pm
Meeting in the Recreation Centre foyer.
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group Fitness timetable
|9-9.45am||Summer Series (starts 15 Jan)||Matt||Rec Centre Foyer|
|12.15-1pm||Barre Fit||Lisa||Dance Studio|
|11-11.45am||Summer Series||Matt||Rec Centre Foyer|
|1.05-1.50pm||HIIT & Core||Kaya||Aerobic Studio|
|7.20-8.05am||Power Pilates||Kaya||Dance Studio|
|12.05-12.50pm||HIIT & Stretch||Alan||Aerobic Studio|
|5.05-5.50pm||Barre Fit||Lisa||Dance Studio|
|1-1.45pm||Summer Series||Matt||Rec Centre Foyer|
|5.20-6.10pm||Dance Fit||Chris||Sports Hall|
Fitness on Demand
We like to provide options to suit everyone’s fitness needs and timetables.
On-demand audio-visual fitness classes beam a range of strength training, flexibility and cardio workouts from our big screen with a pumping sound track to keep you motivated. The workouts are updated every four weeks so they'll never get old.
Join one of the scheduled virtual classes or use in your own time between classes.
Select a workout of choice from the virtual kiosk - if you need any help, ask one of the staff at Reception.
Making the best of your workout
- Select a class you feel suits you
- Take it easy the first time to get familiar with class content and movements. Get descriptive information about our group fitness classes. Remember to bring a towel and a drink bottle to each class
- Be persistent and don't overdo it
- Remember technique and execution is important, especially with the Pump class
- Cross-training is a good way to improve your strength and stamina
- Try different styles and include resistance training in your weekly programme
- Commit to a few classes to get used to the techniques and enjoy the benefits
We welcome feedback.
- Talk to your instructor after class or email them: email@example.com.