Staff membership options
Staff from the University of Auckland are welcome.
All memberships and casual entry include access to:
- Group Fitness classes
- Sports Hall drop-in use if the space isn’t booked
- a range of other Sport and Recreation facilities and services
Sports equipment hire is not included with any membership or casual entry fee.
University of Auckland staff membership options
We offer three options to University of Auckland staff:
- 12-month memberships, paid upfront, which gives you the best value for money.
- 6-month membership (available from 1 July 2019), paid upfront, with valid University of Auckland Staff ID.
- Direct debit (charged fortnightly). Payment comes out directly from your bank account, it is not debited from your salary before pay.
All membership conditions:
- Staff members must be employed at the University at the time of joining and for the duration of your membership.
Direct debit conditions:
- You can cancel a direct debit membership at any time with two weeks notice.
- You can suspend your direct debit membership any time for a period of two to twenty weeks as often as you need. Please give us two weeks notice of intended suspension.
Staff membership fees
|Staff membership type||Price|
|12 months membership||$499|
|6 months membership||$310|
|Flexi direct debit (charged fortnightly)
Please Note: For payments by credit or debit card, a convenience fee of 1.9% is charged. This is added automatically when you make your payment. To find out more, visit the Card Payment Convenience Fee webpage. Alternatively, you can select to pay by 'account2account' and there is no convenience fee for these transactions.
Staff Free Two Week Trial.
All staff of the University are entitled to a two-week free trial of the Recreation Centre*. Simply see our friendly reception staff or email email@example.com for more information and to activate.
*Limited to one per staff member for two consecutive weeks only.
Exclusive to staff
Walk the Talk
Walk the Talk is a free guided walking programme. The walks last 30-45 minutes and they're a great way to beat stress while helping you to get fit and keep active. Find out more about Walk the Talk.
This structured six-week staff wellness programme is held in the Recreation Centre and aimed at those wanting to make lifestyle improvements.
Run by Health and Fitness industry experts Matt and Kristy, the BeneFit programme delivers high-quality group exercise classes, nutrition coaching and food diary analysis along with pre- and post-programme health and fitness assessments.
If you have colleagues who would like to give BeneFit a go, or want to make a personal change, please email Matt Newey for more information about BeneFit.
Matt Newey - firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the BeneFit website.
Small group training classes
Our Premium Programme offers small group training sessions. From BoxFit and Bootcamp to female toning and martial arts, small group training is a great way to challenge yourself in a more personalised setting.
These eight-week programmes are additional to membership but with discounts for members.
Find out more about small group training classes.
Terms and conditions
Please read the Member's agreement with the University of Auckland Recreation Centre.