Staff membership options
Staff from the University of Auckland are welcome.
All staff of the University are entitled to a two-week free trial of the Recreation Centre*. Ask our friendly reception staff for more information.
*Limited to one per staff member per year.
Summer membership special
With summer fast appproaching, we will be offering a four-month membership for only $149 if you sign up between 8-26 October.
All memberships and casual entry include access to:
- Group Fitness classes
- Squash court
- Climbing wall (for bouldering only)
- Sports Hall drop-in use if the space isn’t booked
- a range of other Sport and Recreation facilities and services
Sports equipment hire is not included with any membership or casual entry fee.
University of Auckland staff membership options
We offer three options to University of Auckland staff:
- 12-month memberships, paid upfront, which gives you the best value for money.
- 6-month membership, paid upfront, with valid University of Auckland Staff ID.
- Direct debit (charged fortnightly, plus one off $60 set up fee at Reception).
All membership conditions:
- Staff members must be employed the University at the time of joining and for the duration of your membership.
Direct debit conditions:
- Direct debit memberships have a one-off $60 administration fee to get started
- You can cancel a direct debit membership at any time with two weeks’ notice
- You can suspend your direct debit membership for a minimum of four weeks and a maximum of 12 weeks but no more than twice per year. A suspension form must be completed prior to suspending your membership, and a two-week fee is charged.
Staff membership fees
|Staff membership type||Price|
|12 months membership||$490|
|6 months membership||$305|
|Direct debit (charged fortnightly, plus one off $60 set up fee at Reception).
Exclusive to staff
Walk the Talk
Walk the Talk is a free ten-week guided walking programme for all staff and students. The walks last 30-45 minutes and they're a great way to beat stress while helping you to get fit and keep active. Find out more about Walk the Talk.
This structured six-week staff wellness programme is held in the Recreation Centre and aimed at those wanting to make lifestyle improvements.
Run by Health and Fitness industry experts Matt and Kristy, the BeneFit programme delivers high-quality group exercise classes, nutrition coaching and food diary analysis along with pre- and post-programme health and fitness assessments.
If you have colleagues who would like to give BeneFit a go, or want to make a personal change, please email Matt Newey for more information about BeneFit.
Matt Newey - email@example.com
Visit the BeneFit website.
Small group training classes
Our Premium Programme offers small group training sessions. From BoxFit and Bootcamp to female toning and martial arts, small group training is a great way to challenge yourself in a more personalised setting.
These eight-week programmes are additional to membership but with discounts for members.
Find out more about small group training classes.
Take advantage of our special offer of a one-week free trial of small group training for staff members by emailing Kelly Davey - firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions
Please read the Member's agreement with the University of Auckland Recreation Centre.