How to stay healthy with Sport and Rec
The Sport and Recreation team are dedicated to keeping our members healthy and fit. There are a few simple things you can do to help us achieve this.
Using Sport & Rec facilities under Alert Level 1
We are doing everything we can to ensure our facility is complying with the Government's Alert Level 1 guidelines, but we need your help too. We have put together some basic tips to help keep you all fit and healthy while using our facilities.
Follow these basic tips to minimise the risk of illness and to enhance your overall health:
- We have increased our sanitising stations around the facility. Please use these stations and wipe down all gym equipment before and after use. We also encourage you to use hand sanitiser after wiping down equipment. If the bottles are empty, please mention this to one of our staff members.
- We ask that you bring a sweat towel with you to use during your workouts. If you dont have a sweat towel these are available for hire at reception. No towel, no workout.
- Keep hydrated. The best way to flush out toxins is by drinking water, which in turn keeps your immune system working efficiently.
- Wash your hands thoroughly (at least 20 seconds) with soap and water and then dry thoroughly. Hand sanitiser is also located around our facilities for you to use.
- Please cough or sneeze into your arm or a tissue. We ask that you don't do this into your hand or sweat towel, as this will transfer to other surfaces. Put any tissues you use straight into the bin and wash your hands immediately after.
- Be mindful of others. If you are feeling unwell please don't come to the facility.
Ways to be healthy
Read up on some practical ways you can keep yourself in good health.
Worried about Coronavirus?
Stay up-to-date with the University and all the information you need to know on the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak web page.
Should you need to self isolate, our student support team have some great information about staying well while in isolation.
If you are on campus, find out how you can protect yourself, manage anxiety, seek help and more.