Conditions of entry
Coming along to Party in the Park? See the conditions of entry below.
- Party in the Park is an R17 event, meaning students under the age of 17 cannot attend.
- Smoking and vaping is not permitted at this event.
- Intoxicated persons will be refused entry.
- Strictly NO refunds. The party will go ahead rain, hail or shine, so if it's raining, bring a poncho and get amongst it!
What to bring
- Campus Card - remember this event is for University of Auckland students (and their plus-ones, if applicable) only. If you do not yet have your Campus Card, you must bring some other proof of enrolment which shows your name and Student ID number, along with photo ID.
- Your valid printed or electronic ticket.
- Age ID to get bar service. If you want a drink you NEED ID. HANZ 18+ card, NZ driver licence and passports accepted. No other forms of ID will be accepted, including overseas driver licences.
- Wallet, to buy food and drinks at the venue. Your ticket includes a snack from Nando's, but there will be other food and drink available to purchase.
- A University of Auckland student plus-one guest does not need to arrive with the student, however they MUST have their own valid ticket to gain entry.
- Patrons must arrive prior to 7pm to gain entrance - there are no pass outs.
- A snack from Nando's is included in the ticket.
- Patrons must comply with requests and directions of event organisers or security staff at all times.
- The event organisers shall not be liable for any loss or damage to personal property.
- The event organisers reserve the right to remove you from the event for any conduct, if, in their opinion, deemed unsatisfactory.
- This event is being filmed and photographed for inclusion in University of Auckland publications and digital media. If you do not wish to be filmed / photographed, please advise the photographer/camera man.
Sale of liquor
- The Party in the Park venue is a licenced venue in accordance with the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012.
- Only patrons with a valid wristband will be served alcohol.
- No patrons under the age of 18 will be served alcohol.
- Any patron who purchases alcohol on behalf of anyone under the age of 18 will be evicted from the event.
- Wristbands will only be provided to patrons who provide an acceptable proof of age.
- Permitted forms of identification are:
- HANZ 18+ ID Card
- New Zealand Driver Licence (international driver licences are not permitted)
- Passport (must not have expired more than two years prior)
- All patrons who appear to be under the age of 25 will be asked for ID in order to be issued with a wristband.
- Intoxicated persons will NOT be served.
- No ID, no alcohol. No exceptions.
The following items are prohibited and may NOT be taken into the venue:
- Any form of alcohol.
- Glass vessels including bottles and drinking containers.
- Liquids in unsealed OR sealed containers. All drink bottles or other containers will be emptied upon entry, regardless of if they are sealed or not.
- Any substance defined as illegal under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1975.
- Any form of weapon or any other unsafe item.
- Any other item as determined by the absolute discretion of the event organisers.
- All prohibited items will be confiscated.
- A full list of prohibited items can be found here.
Patron and bag searches
- Event organisers reserve the right to request a search of a patron’s possessions or person at any time.
- A patron refusing to undertake a search will be refused entry or evicted from the event.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE CONDITIONS MAY RESULT IN REFUSAL OF ENTRY TO THE EVENT VENUE OR REMOVAL FROM THE EVENT.
Ticketing terms and conditions
Read the full Party in the Park 2019 terms and conditions.