Ticketing terms and conditions
Upon purchase of a ticket you are confirming your agreement with the following Ticket Terms and Conditions.
Each ticket is a contract between:
(A) the Purchaser and any attendee replacing the Purchaser, (where a sale or transfer from the Purchaser has been authorised and is valid) and;
(B) the organisation(s) with the legal and/or contractual rights (i) to sell and/or issue registrations to an activity, and (ii) to grant access to the session for the purposes of attending the activity, subject to the ticket being valid.
The Conditions set out below contain the rules and restrictions around both the purchase of and use of that ticket.
Venue entry and requirements
- Admission to this Event will only be authorised upon presentation of a valid Ticket.
- Only University of Auckland (UoA) students can purchase tickets to Party in the Park 2018- this includes UoA tickets AND guest tickets.
- UoA students can only purchase x1 guest ticket each.
- A valid and current student ID number must be used to receive your ticket(s). If your name and ID number don’t correspond; or there are any discrepancies; you will be contacted via the email used when purchasing a ticket, and will be refunded your ticket price, minus a $20 admin fee. Should you wish to challenge any discrepancies please email us within three days of notification of the discrepancy (or before 12pm on Thursday 2 March 2018).
- All attendees who have a UoA student ticket MUST show their UoA student ID at the entry to the Event Site.
- Smoking and vaping is not permitted at this event.
- Intoxicated persons will be refused entry.
- This Event is a strictly R17 Event and in accordance with the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 entry to the Event will only be permitted with one of these three valid forms of identification:
-HANZ 18+ ID Card
-New Zealand Drivers Licence
-Passport (must not have expired more than two years prior)
- Intoxicated persons will NOT be served alcohol.
- No patrons under the age of 17 will be allowed entry.
- Admission to this Event will be refused to any person noticeably under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or any behaviour-modifying substance, or to any person behaving, or considered by any Authorised Person likely to behave, violently, harmfully or in a manner contrary to public order and/or safety. Admission will also be refused to any person who attempts to bring any Prohibited Item into the Event Site.
- The following items are prohibited and may NOT be taken into the venue:
- Any form of alcohol.
- Glass vessels including bottles and drinking containers.
- Liquids in unsealed containers, including water.
- Any substance defined as illegal under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1975.
- Any form of weapon or any other unsafe item.
- Any other item as determined by the absolute discretion of the event organisers.
- All prohibited items will be confiscated.
- A full list of prohibited items is included at the end of this document
Patron and bag searches
- Event organisers reserve the right to request a search of a patron’s possessions or person at any time.
- A Patron refusing to undertake a search will be refused entry or evicted from the
- Patrons must arrive prior to 7pm in order to gain entrance to the Event Site.
- Patrons must comply with the reasonable directions of Event Organisers or security staff at all times.
- The Event Organisers shall not be liable for any loss or damage to personal property.
- The Event Organisers reserve the right to remove any person from the event for any conduct if, in their absolute discretion, it is deemed unreasonable.
- The Ticket Holder agrees to allow the University of Auckland to use their image and voice as recorded by any means including audio, video, film, or photograph during the Event, for
the purpose of using in University of Auckland publications, digital media and promotions.
- One Nandos Classic Burger is included in your ticket price. You’ll be given a food ticket on arrival- there will be no replacements for these if it is lost before being redeemed.
- Free water stations will be located around the Event Site for use.
Cancellation and refund
- Tickets are not refundable, except:
a) in the event that Event Organisers cancel the Event;
b) at the sole discretion of Event Organisers.
- Purchasers must apply for refund within one month after the event date.
Health and safety
- The Ticket Holder must comply with the directions of Event Organisers in relation to Health and Safety matters and any other directions required to ensure that UOA complies with New
Zealand Standards relating to precautions against fire and panic in places of assembly.
- The Ticket Holder must follow the requirements of all signs and announcements.
- The University, its employees and agents shall not be liable (whether in contract, negligence or otherwise) for any loss, injury, death or damage suffered by the Ticket Holder at the Event.
- The University shall not be liable for any loss or damage to property owned, rented, borrowed or otherwise of the Ticket Holder whilst at the Event.
- Event Organisers reserve the right to make any alterations to the Event programme, including, without limitations, cancelling the Event.
- Event Organisers reserve the right to postpone the event for any reason.
All Prohibited items will be confiscated. Prohibited items include but
are not limited to:
- Alcohol- any alcohol found at the Event Site will be confiscated and will not be returned and the offending Patron(s) will be ejected from the Event Site for the remainder of the Event.
- Glass (jars, bottles, containers, mirrors and perfumes)
- Air horns
- Weapons or explosives of any kind (including potential missiles)
- Any substance defined as illegal under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1975
- Animals (excluding service dogs such as guide dogs and police or emergency service dogs)
- Nitrous oxide bulbs and canisters
- Flares, fireworks, sparklers, explosives, or any fire twirling equipment
- Fires and open flames
- Flammable liquids.
- Advanced personal vapourizers (or modified APVs) or liquid refills for e-cigs
- Sound systems
- Portable laser equipment and pens
- Sharpies, markers, paint cans or paint pens
- Drones or other remote control devices
- Couches and chairs
- Anything studded (eg: belts, wristbands, etc)
- Audio or video recording devices (including GoPro and similar)
- Professional photography equipment (eg: telephoto lenses, any lens over 20cms; any detachable lens; stands or other commercial equipment or anything deemed by Event Staff to be professional photography equipment)
- Monopods, tripods or attachment sticks (selfie-sticks)
- Skateboards, scooters, wagons, carts, rollerblades, roller skates, bicycles, quad-bikes, segways, hoverboards, self-balancing scooters or any personal motorised vehicles
- Unauthorised solicitation materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples of other promotional items
- Chilly bins and coolers
- Any other item deemed by Event Staff (in their discretion) to be dangerous or offensive or potentially dangerouse by Event organisers