Rite of Passage Toga Party
Attention new students! Grab a bedsheet and get folding in preparation for UoA's most exclusive first-year event!
Please note: If you are a first-year resident in Grafton Hall, O'Rorke Hall, University Hall Towers and Apartments or Whitaker Hall, your ticket for this event has already been arranged - please collect your ticket from your Resident Advisor by midday, Wednesday 27 February.
|Date:||Friday 1 March|
|Time:||Doors open at 7.45pm
You must arrive by 9.30pm to be granted entry - if you choose to leave at any time you will not be permitted to re-enter
The party finishes at 11pm
|Venue:||The Great Hall, Auckland Town Hall, Queen Street|
|Tickets:||$20 including food
Available online - check back soon for ticket release date
Evidence of first year enrolment required
|Bag check:||There is a free bag check at the venue|
- The University of Auckland Rite of Passage Toga Party is an all-ages event, meaning students under the age of 18 can attend but will not be able to purchase alcohol.
- Smoking is not permitted at this event.
- Intoxicated persons will be refused entry.
The ticket release date for non-hall members is Wednesday 20 February at 12pm.
Tickets must be collected in person from outside the Campus Store in the Student Quad Atrium, City Campus, from 10am-3pm Tuesday 26 February – Thursday, 28 February, and from 10am – 5pm Friday 1 March.
This is always a hugely popular event, and it will sell out. Get in early to avoid disappointment - there may be a limited second release of tickets one or two days before the event, but this is not guaranteed. Any second ticket release will be notified on the What's On Facebook page.
By purchasing a ticket to this event, you agree to abide by the Conditions of Entry.
What to bring
- Campus Card - remember this event is for University of Auckland first-year students only. If you do not yet have your Campus Card, you must bring some other proof of enrolment which shows your name and Student ID number, along with photo ID.
- Your printed ticket .
- Age ID to get bar service. If you want a drink you NEED ID. HANZ 18+ card, NZ driver license and passports accepted. No other forms of ID will be accepted.
- Wallet, to buy food and drinks at the venue.
- Toga! Check out this helpful YouTube video if you need some toga-tying tips.
How to get there
Good news, the venue is located right in the heart of the city so you can walk or bus there. The Auckland Town Hall is on Queen Street, situated next to Aotea Square. If you are in a Hall of Residence, talk with your Resident Advisor as your hall will walk down together.
- There will be reasonably priced drinks and hot food available to buy.
- There is eftpos at the bar.
- No passouts - so don’t forget anything.
- There will be free water stations around the venue so make sure you grab water throughout the night.
- In the case of emergency, event organisers have access to next of kin details should urgent contact need to be made.