Attention new students! Grab a bedsheet and get folding in preparation for UoA's most exclusive first-year event!
Please note that we have now sold out of tickets. We're sorry if you missed out.
Please note: If you are a first-year resident in Grafton Hall, O'Rorke Hall, University Hall - Towers and or Waipārūrū Hall, you will have received your ticket from your Resident Adviser.
Be COVID-19 Safe:
Although New Zealand is at Alert Level 1, there is still a risk of COVID-19 returning to the community. We encourage you to continue with good hand washing/sanitising practices, contact tracing (with the NZ COVID Tracer App.
Please ensure you scan the QR Code when you check in to Toga on Friday. The QR code will be readily available around the Auckland Town hall.
We request that you play your part, stay at home, or isolate and recover if you feel unwell.
We look forward to seeing you on Friday!
|Date:||Friday 26 February|
Doors open at 7.45pm
You must arrive by 9.30pm to be granted entry - if you choose to leave at any time you will not be permitted to re-enter
The party finishes at 11pm
|Venue:||The Great Hall, Auckland Town Hall, Queen Street|
|Tickets:||$25 including food
Available online now
Evidence of first year enrolment required
|Bag check:||There is a free bag check at the venue|
- The University of Auckland Toga is an all-ages event, meaning students under the age of 18 can attend but will not be able to purchase alcohol.
- Smoking is not permitted at this event.
- Intoxicated persons will be refused entry.
We have a small number of tickets available for non-hall students.
Tickets must be collected in person from the Student Engagement office on level 1 of Kate Edger, City Campus, from 9am - 5pm Friday 26 February.
This is always a hugely popular event and will sell out. There won't be a second release, so it's first in, first served.
By purchasing a ticket to this event, you agree to abide by the Conditions of Entry.
What to bring
- Campus Card - remember this event is for University of Auckland first-year students only. If you do not yet have your Campus Card, you must bring some other proof of enrolment which shows your name and Student ID number, along with photo ID.
- Your printed ticket .
- Age ID to get bar service. If you want a drink you NEED ID. HANZ 18+ card, NZ driver license and passports accepted. No other forms of ID will be accepted.
- Wallet, to buy food and drinks at the venue.
- Toga! Check out this helpful YouTube video if you need some toga-tying tips.
How to get there
Good news, the venue is located right in the heart of the city so you can walk or bus there. The Auckland Town Hall is on Queen Street, situated next to Aotea Square. If you are in a Hall of Residence, talk with your Resident Adviser as your hall will walk down together.
- There will be reasonably priced drinks and hot food available to buy.
- There is eftpos at the bar.
- No passouts - so don’t forget anything.
- There will be free water stations around the venue so make sure you grab water throughout the night.
- In the case of emergency, event organisers have access to next of kin details should urgent contact need to be made.