What's going on at Sport and Rec
Check out everything that is going on at Sport and Rec from Monday 2 March – Friday 6 March.
Sport and Rec have heaps of things going on all week for you to enjoy:
- Free entry to the Rec Centre all week! Grab your mates, family and/or colleagues and
have a free workout on us. Check out the opening hours here.
- Tours of the new Rec Centre will be running every day from 8am-5pm. You can join a tour by meeting us at the new Rec Centre, or if you’re unsure where to go, on Mon-Wed our staff members will meet you outside the City Campus library and walk you down to the new centre.
|Meet at Library (Mon-Wed only)||Meet at Rec Centre|
- For this week only, if you are a student and sign up for a 12 month membership, you
get an extra month free! If you are one of the first 250 people to sign up, you will also receive a free Sport and Recreation drink bottle. Sign up for a membership here.
- Giveaways! There will be a number of giveaways this week including free 3D fit scans, free memberships and more.
- Everyday there will be a different challenge running at the Rec Centre. If you complete
the challenge and were the top female or male participant at the end of the day, you will win a free 6 week membership. Check out the daily challenges below. (If you already have a membership, this prize will be added on. Normal T’s & C’s apply)
- Monday’s challenge: Row as far as you can in two minutes.
- ZM’s Black Thunders will be outside the Rec Centre on Monday 2 March, and they will
be giving away a whole heap of prizes! Stay tuned…
- Free sports drop-in session: Swing by the Sports Courts located at 17 Symonds Street between 12pm -2pm and enjoy a game of Ki o Rahi. If you don’t know how to play, don’t worry, there will be someone there to teach you.
- Tuesday’s challenge: Do 15 full burpees (hands off floor with a jump) as fast as you can.
- Free sports drop-in session: 2.30pm – 4.30pm call in to the Sports Courts for a game of Volleyball.
- Wednesday’s challenge: Sled push, do 2 full lengths of the turf at your body weight as fast as you can.
- DJ’d HIIT class! Work out to some tunes by our guest DJ at the 1.10pm HIIT class.
- Free sports drop-in session: 12.30-2.30pm call in to the Sports Courts for a game of Basketball.
- Thursday’s challenge: Complete a 500m sprint on the Watt Bike as fast as you can.
- Free sports drop-in session: 12pm – 2pm drop in to the Sports Courts for a game of Ultimate Frisbee.
- Friday’s challenge: Complete 10cals on the ski erg as fast as you can.
- O’Week Sports Challenge. Head to the Sports Courts from 11am – 5pm to support UoA as we take on AUT in basketball, volleyball and futsal. There will be giveaways, a DJ and free food for spectators. Check out the event here.