Our University-wide learning community, enhancing the academic success of Māori and Pacific students, is called Tuākana.
It offers small-group learning, whakawhanaungatanga, wānanga, fonotaga, face-to-face meetings and workshops. These help connect Māori and Pacific students with senior Māori and Pacific students (tuākana), academic teaching staff, and key people across the University.
Most Māori and Pacific students engage with Tuākana. They are supported by dedicated staff and meeting spaces with students often developing their own programmes to complement the teaching and learning environment.
Faculty Tuākana programmes:
- Contact the Student Equity Team
- Find out about Tuākana opportunities for postgraduate students
- Māori and Pacific students talk about their Tuākana journeys
- There are support services and communities available for Māori students
- Support services for Pacific students
- Find a scholarship or an award