About the High Performance Support Programme
Our High Performance Support Programme could help with the challenges of juggling tertiary study with the commitments associated with your chosen sport or activity.
The programme offers the following services:
- Academic advice and advocacy - assistance with enrolments, degree planning, timetabling and study skills
- Advice on balancing your commitments and extra-curricular goals
- Access to funding through the Sport Support Fund
- Gym membership if required
- Strength and conditioning
- Rehearsal space
- Personal development and networking opportunities
- Discounted Physiotherapy
- Flexible study assistance - including attendance, assessments and exams
As a member of the programme you will have gained elite status in your chosen field, performing at the highest level in your sport or artistic pursuit and have been recognised by a national organisation.
Members are generally competing or performing at an international level. For example, representing New Zealand in a senior or age group team, playing in a professional franchise or being a member of a national performance group.
It is important that you maintain good academic standards, keep the University informed of your sporting commitments, and are able to share relevant footage (images and video) with the University, so it can celebrate and share in your successes.