UHCS Patient update 28 February 2021
As we move into Level 3 again, we will remain open for medical and counselling appointments – these will be mostly virtual and phone consultations to ensure we are practicing the appropriate social distancing. Please do not turn up to UHCS as our waiting room is closed. Contact us via 0800 698 427 to discuss your needs with our team
This means that:
- All non-essential appointments will be cancelled until we progress down the levels (for things such as pap smears.)
- For essential appointments, we will be operating via phone, virtual consultations and virtual counselling sessions. We will continue with face to face consultations only where appropriate and after an initial phone or virtual consultation.
- Please do not turn up to UHCS as our waiting room is closed.
- Prescriptions will continue to be administered. Patients who need a repeat prescription will be assessed via a phone consultation, or if deemed appropriate issued a repeat without a consultation. Prescriptions will be sent directly to your preferred pharmacy for collection.
- Counselling appointments will now be delivered by zoom or phone, unless the Lead Counsellor determines that a face to face consultation is required. In this instance, access to the clinic will be treated in the same way as all other arrivals (nurse triage by phone prior to access being granted).
For further information please refer to the Ministry of Health website.
Students with carer responsibilities
Students who have a caring or support role for family members in the same household, who have Covid-19 symptoms or have a compromised immune system, are not required to come onto campus. Please also complete the University of Auckland COVID-19 Semester One 2020 online form.
We would like to remind you that there are range of personal support services that are available to help support your health and wellbeing during this time.
Many thanks for your support and understanding.
If you have any questions about the University’s response to Covid-19 please visit this website or email email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the University Health & Counselling Service operation, please contact the University Health and Counselling Service.