This is one of the most effective ways we can improve our general wellbeing.
Research has consistently found that up to 30 minutes of exercise a day reduces depressive symptoms by up to 30%. Combine this with mindfulness and the rate increases to 40%.
For more research on these phenomena, see below:
- To find ways to keep active while you study here and beyond, visit Sport and Recreation Services.
- With spring blooming, check out these short walks around the University or join a walking group on City and Grafton campuses.
- Join an active based club or society.
- Read this article on the combined effects of staying active and taking notice.
- Try some sports mindfulness to improve performance.