Note-takers/NZSL interpreters and other services

If you need New Zealand Sign Language interpreting or help with note-taking, or if you need to arrange special conditions for tests and exams, Student Disability Services can help.

Accessible parking

Parking is very limited on all our campuses, and particularly in the central city. There are a small number of mobility car parks available for students and staff who already have a CCS issued mobility card.

For more information on car parking, please contact the Disability Coordinators.

Staff who have permanent disabilities and require access to University disability car parking spaces must liaise directly with

Staff requiring with temporary impairments requiring assistance with accessing University disability car parking should contact the Staff Equity Manager.


A limited note-taking service is available to support students with a range of needs. If you believe that you may be eligible for support, please contact the Disability Coordinators.

As part of this service, experienced students are hired to fill note-taking vacancies in some classes. Students receiving notes from this service must inform the coordinators of the papers that they require support for at the beginning of each semester.

While every effort is made to ensure prompt recruitment of note-takers, some delays may occur due to lack of suitable applicants.

Students must also inform Student Disability Services of any changes to their enrolment or note-taking needs as soon as possible.

New Zealand Sign Language interpreters and electronic note-takers

New Zealand Sign Language interpreters are available for Deaf students where possible.

Please contact the Disability Coordinators as far in advance of the course start date as possible. Alternatively, we can provide electronic note-taking support.

Libraries and Learning Services

Library staff can assist people with disabilities to more easily access library resources and services.

Library services for people with disabilities.