Vice-Chancellor's Student Support Fund
High performing students representing the University or New Zealand can apply for financial assistance through the Vice-Chancellor’s Student Support Fund.
About the support fund
The University of Auckland aims to create an environment in which academic excellence can be combined with opportunities for personal development and achievement. The Vice Chancellor’s Student Support Fund aims to encourage students to take such opportunities by offering financial assistance to those students who are achieving at the highest levels, in areas including (but not limited to) art, dance, debating, music, robotics and theatrics.
The Vice-Chancellor’s Student Support Fund welcomes applications from high performing students who have been selected to represent New Zealand or the University of Auckland at a regional, national, or international events. The funding can be used to support travel, accommodation, and registration costs associated with attending these events.
Criteria to be met for applications to be considered
Students must be enrolled at the University of Auckland at the time of the event for which they are requesting funding.
The event or activity must fall within the same academic year as which the funding application is being made.
Students must be of good academic standing for their application to be considered.
You will need to provide the following documents with your application:
- Most recent academic transcript (unofficial transcript will suffice)
- Budget breakdown (please provide proof of costs e.g. quotes)
- A bank deposit slip or proof of bank account
- Notification of acceptance/invitation/confirmation of attendance (if applicable)
- Any other supporting documentation which might assist the panel in reaching their decision.
- A maximum of $2,000 is available per award. The amount of funding awarded will be determined by the panel.
- Students will be limited to a maximum of two awards during their time at the University (this will be restricted to one award at undergraduate level and one award at postgraduate level).
- Funding will be provided to assist with travel, accommodation, and registration costs only.
- Funding will not be provided retrospectively.
- The panel’s decision is final.
Applications for these activities will not be considered
Applications for 2019
- Funding will be awarded in two rounds:
Round 1 (14 January to 30 June)
Round 2 (1 July – 30 November)
- Applications made outside of those periods will not be reviewed.
- Should funding be exhausted prior to the end of the funding period then the fund will be closed and re-open at the start of the next funding round.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- You are encouraged to apply as early as possible to allow for appropriate consideration by the panel. Allow at least two weeks for the panel to receive and review your application.
For any queries, please contact the fund administrator on email@example.com.
Note: You will be asked to provide budget details as part of the application process. Feel free to upload your own file, or use the simple template provided below.
- Ella Ewen, to perform across Europe with the Voices New Zealand Chamber Choir.
- Emma Cosgrave, to attend One Body One Career dance intensive in Melbourne.
- Garling Wu and Clovis McEvoy, to perform at the International Computer Music Conference in Daegu, South Korea.
- Jessie Leov, Shaanil and Nishaa Senarath-Dassanayake, judging and performing at Young Singers in Harmony in the Hawkes Bay.
- Six members of the Auckland University Robotics Association, to compete in the VEX Robotics World Championships in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Eva Ding, to attend the Orford Music Academy in Quebec, Canada.
- Michael Merry and Anita Austin, to play with the NZSO National Youth Orchestra in Wellington and Auckland.
- Alistair Harris, Judith Glasson, and Peter Wills, to attend the International Genetics Engineering Machine Foundation jamboree in Boston, Massachusetts.
If you have questions about the fund, or need more information, contact:
Student Support Administrator