Student Resource Centre
There are many tasks you can get done at the Science Student Resource Centre.
At the Science Student Resource Centre, you can:
- Pick up and drop off assignments (for Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics and Chemistry). All assignments are now submitted online. Please contact your Course Co-ordinator or department for further information.
- Buy course books (no cash)
- Purchase lab coats and safety glasses
- Print assignments
- Top up photocopying accounts
- Submit their masters thesis
- Hire laptops
- Pay field trip fees
- Buy Rite in the rain note book for Field Trip usage
The Science Student Resource Centre is located between Buildings 301 and 303, and can be accessed through the new atrium adjacent to the Science Student Centre.
Science Student Resource Centre
Room 301-G40, Ground Floor
Chemistry Building, Building 301
23 Symonds Street, Auckland 1010
Phone: +64 9 373 7599 ext 85510
Opening hours: 9am-4pm, Monday-Friday
Assignment drop off and pick up - Suspended for semester 1
Coversheets are used by the Student Resource Centre to scan, track and process assignments. You also need to date and sign every coversheet.
- Always use a coversheet.
- These must be generated on Canvas.
- Each coversheet contains a personalised QR-Code with your information, unique to that assignment. Your QR-Code must be complete, machine readable, not resized and not corrupted.
Note that assignments without a coversheet cannot and will not be recorded. Assignments with an outdated, non-Canvas coversheet also cannot be recorded. In addition, you may be penalised for failing to sign and date the declaration.
If there is no coversheet available, inform your lecturer and ask him/her to activate this feature on Canvas.
Drop off - Suspended for semester 1
Assignments are to be submitted into the wall-mounted drop boxes at the Science Resource Centre before the deadline given in your course outline.
- Assignments for all levels
- Early assignments
- Late assignments (unless other instructions have been specified for your course)
- Assignments with extensions/doctor’s notes.
Collection - Suspended for semester 1
Once you have been advised that you can collect your marked assignment from the Student Resource Centre:
- Pick up from the Assignment Collection Desk
- Collect between 10am–2pm, Monday-Friday
- Show your student ID
- You cannot collect an assignment on the behalf of someone else
- Collect within 10 working days
Previous assignments will be archived and destroyed at the end of each semester. If your assignment has been archived and you wish to collect it, contact your lecturer/course coordinator and explain why you did not pick it up within 10 working days. They will then need to come and collect the assignment on your behalf.
More about assignments
If you will not be able to submit on time, contact your lecturer to organise an extension. We cannot give extensions, or bend the deadline rules. We are also not able to change the time stamp.
We have two black and white printers and one colour printer for you to use for printing assignments.
Computer access and laptops
We host a small computer space. Computers are reserved for enrolment and other course-related needs.
Computer Systems Regulations are broadly outlined in The University of Auckland Calendar.
We have laptops available for use by Faculty of Science Students.
- Hiring a laptop is free for two hours
- Give your student ID to the Student Resource Centre when hiring.
Find out more about hiring our laptops
Please see the price list for items available at the Student Resource Centre. If there is no price indicated, this item is covered by your course fees.
Please note we only accept payments by card. NO CASH.
CHEM 110 $20
CHEM 120 $20
CHEM 150 $20
Safety glasses $10
Labcoats with UOA logo $37.50
Maths 102 $15
Maths 110 $20
Maths 120 $10
Maths 130 $13
Maths 150 $10
Maths 250 $10
Maths 253 $15
Maths 260 $13
Stats 10x $30
Stats 20x $35
Stats 255 $20
Little SAS $25
Physics 140 $17
Rite in the rain notebook $13