Centre for Biodiversity and Biosecurity Māori Summer Research Scholarships 2019 – 2020
23 September 2019
About the Centre for Biodiversity and Biosecurity
The Centre for Biodiversity and Biosecurity Te Whare Tiaki Koiora | Mo te orangatonutanga o tō tātou Kanorau Koiora (CBB) is a partnership between Manaaki Whenua–Landcare Research and the University of Auckland. It fosters collaboration between the organisations and supports high quality, high impact research to improve environmental, social and economic outcomes. Read more.
Nature is essential | He taiao whakahirahira
For the first time, the The Centre for Biodiversity and Biosecurity Te Whare Tiaki Koiora | Mo te orangatonutanga o tō tātou Kanorau Koiora (CBB) is offering four summer research scholarships to Stage one Māori students at the School of Biological Sciences (SBS) to:
- Encourage Stage one Māori students to study ecology through exposure/participation in research in this field of study
- Improve engagement of CBB staff with Māori students.
Successful applicants will:
- Gain new experiences, skills and knowledge in ecology
- Get to know staff and students in ecology
- Receive a tax-free stipend of $6000.
Scholarship research projects are completed in a 10-week period over the University summer (December 2019 – February 2020), under the supervision of researchers from the School of Biological Sciences and Manaaki Whenua-Landcare Research.
How to apply
Please email the following information to Souad Boudjelas:
- Your name and UPI.
- Your iwi affiliation(s).
- Which courses you have taken at Stage one.
- Tell us your first and second choice of projects (which you can view by downloading the PDF document below).
- Outline your interest in studying ecology and any relevant experience you may have (max 150 words).
Note | You may download and use the form below if you prefer.