School of Environment Research Experience Awards
19 September 2019
The School of Environment's 2019 research experience awards are open for applications from second and third-year Environment undergraduates.
Applications close 4 October 2019.
We invite stage two and three Environment undergraduate students to apply for the School of Environment's 2019 research experience awards.
Each award provides one week (or 40 hours) of research experience working closely with a School of Environment academic or PhD student.
The aim of the award is to provide you with some experience of field work, lab work, or other research activities, so you gain insight into postgraduate study within the school.
How many awards are available?
There are six awards available in 2019. Please download the PDF below to read more about the projects you can choose from.
What is the value of the award?
Each successful student will receive $800 for this one-week research experience.
Who is eligible?
Any stage two or three undergraduate student within the School of Environment.
When must this award be used?
Each award recipient is expected to work for one week (40 hours) between October and December 2019. This can be spread over those three months, or be a one week block of work, depending on the task.
How to apply
- Download the PDF of available projects.
- Download the application form.
- Indicate your first and second choice of projects.
- Provide your unofficial academic transcript.
- Write a short paragraph (300 words) indicating why a research experience is of interest to you.
- Email the application form to email@example.com
- Use the subject line Application for the School of Environment 2019 research experience awards.
Applications must be received by 5pm on Friday 4 October 2019.