Healthy blood samples needed to develop new therapies
Blood samples are needed from healthy adults for use in our work to develop new immune therapies.
We would like to use immune cells from the blood of healthy volunteers to develop new therapies for cancer, infectious diseases and disorders of the immune system.
- Fill out a short questionnaire to confirm eligibility.
- We will request 50-100ml (maximum) of blood to be taken from you.
- If you are interested, we will also ask if you would be interested in providing regular samples for our studies.
- All information collected about you during the course of the research will be kept strictly confidential, and access to computerised records of that information will be restricted to staff or direct delegates of the Auckland Regional Tissue Bank. The research team will have no direct access to this information i.e. your donation will be de-identified for use in our research projects.
- Healthy individuals (must be free from acute infections, for example, not have any cold or flu-like symptoms etc).
- Have no risk of recent (in the last 28 days) exposure to Covid-19. Individuals who have recovered from Covid-19 or have received a Covid-19 vaccination are welcome to participate.
- Has not donated blood within the last month – for example to the New Zealand Blood Service.
- Exclusions: persons weighting less than 50kg; pregnant or lactating women.
Statement of ethics approval
Approved by the University of Auckland Human Participants Ethics Committee until March 2024.
Reference Number: 023815