Māori and Pasifika academic development
Academic development opportunities to address the specific needs of Māori and Pasifika academic staff, and staff engaging with Māori and Pasifika students.
Ka nui te mihi ki a koutou katoa
Malo e Lelei, Talofa Lava, Fakalofa Lahi atu, Taloha Ni, Kia Orana, Ni sa Bula Vinaka
CLeaR is committed to providing tailored academic support and development activities according to the needs of Māori and Pasifika staff at the University of Auckland.
Equally we are committed to supporting all academic staff, departments, and faculties in developing, implementing and evaluating strategies for Māori and Pacific student engagement in ways that can maximise potential to succeed. These strategies may include:
- Learning the basics of Māori and Pacific languages and cultures.
- Culturally inclusive pedagogies.
- Tutor training.
- Supporting the professional development of Māori and Pacific staff.
- Individual consultations and teaching observations.
- Introduction to the wider suite of CLeaR workshops and initiatives.
- Making curriculum relevant to Māori and Pacific students.
- Supervision of Māori and Pacific students.
We look forward to discussing your needs with you.