CLeaR Research Fellowship Programme
A multi-disciplinary community of practice dedicated to researching and disseminating effective teaching strategies.
The CLeaR Fellowship Programme brings together up to nine academic or professional staff members (one from each faculty, one from LLS and/or one from central services) who are allocated up to a 0.2 FTE time release over a 12 month period. CLeaR Fellows are dedicated to researching and disseminating effective teaching strategies around a key university learning and teaching priority.
- Proactively acknowledge teaching and learning leadership and development within the University.
- Improve teaching, learning and assessment practices aligned to the University's strategic priorities.
- Facilitate inclusive teaching.
- Support the growth and dissemination of internationally significant teaching and learning developments.
Achievements during the year will be disseminated through various showcases, and as a collection of teaching cases in print and digital format. The broad aim is to inform and encourage colleagues to try out innovative methods. Publication in international Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) journals offers an opportunity to share the local experience beyond the institution.
How to apply
Eligible applicants will hold a full time teaching position at the University of Auckland. Aspiring Fellows may self-nominate or be nominated by a colleague. CLeaR will collate applications and consult with the dean, associate dean or their nominee from each faculty to make a recommendation to the selection committee. Heads of department will be required to sign a statement of support for successful applicants.
Successful applications will demonstrate alignment with:
- The Fellowship theme for the year.
- The aims of the programme outlined above.
- The University's Learning and Teaching Plan and Strategic Plan.
Applications for 2019 are now closed.
Subscribe to CLeaR Alerts to be notified of CLeaR programmes and events.
Current and previous cohorts
View a full list of CLeaR Fellows and the theme of their research.