We encourage the development of flexible modes of learning and teaching, the use of new teaching technologies and computer-assisted learning management systems.
Courses are delivered via Canvas, which replaced CECIL as our Learning Management System (LMS) in Semester One 2016.
Canvas is an intuitive learning platform from Instructure with diverse features and tools in a single online environment. It also integrates with some of our existing learning tools, including Turnitin, Talis, and Piazza. Coursebuilder pages can also be embedded.
Libraries and Learning Services
Libraries and Learning Services enable students to access a broad range of electronic learning support resources on a 24-7 basis, in addition to the print resources available through onsite visits.
- Course materials that include prescribed and recommended electronic and print readings.
- Library widgets, RSS feeds, short instructional videos and online tutorials on the use of library resources.
For more information, visit Libraries and Learning Services.
Centre for Learning and Research in Higher Education (CLeaR)
CLeaR helps academics to explore, plan and experiment with options for innovative learning and teaching through use of technology that allows better organisation, use of rich media, student collaboration and critical thinking.
Faculty learning and teaching support
Members of these faculties are offered teaching and learning advice and support through their local departments:
- Business School - Innovative Learning and Teaching
- Faculty of Arts and Faculty of Law - Information Services
- Faculty of Education and Social Work - Digital Learning Team
- Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences - Learning Technology Unit (LTU)
Enquiries from other areas of the University are received through the Staff Service Portal