We encourage the development of flexible modes of learning and teaching, the use of new teaching technologies and computer-assisted learning management systems.
Courses are delivered via Canvas, which replaced CECIL as our Learning Management System (LMS) in Semester One 2016.
Canvas is an intuitive learning platform from Instructure with diverse features and tools in a single online environment. It also integrates with some of our existing learning tools, including Turnitin, Talis, and Piazza. Coursebuilder pages can also be embedded.
Libraries and Learning Services
Libraries and Learning Services enable students to access a broad range of electronic learning support resources on a 24-7 basis, in addition to the print resources available through onsite visits.
- Course materials that include prescribed and recommended electronic and print readings.
- Library widgets, RSS feeds, short instructional videos and online tutorials on the use of library resources.
For more information, visit Libraries and Learning Services.
Faculty learning and teaching support
Members of these faculties are offered teaching and learning advice and support through their local departments:
- Business School - Innovative Learning and Teaching
- Faculty of Arts and Faculty of Law - Information Services
- Faculty of Education and Social Work - Digital Learning Team
- Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences - Learning and Teaching Unit
Enquiries from other areas of the University are received through the Staff Service Portal