Three Minute Thesis 2021
Find 2021 competition details, dates, entry forms and resources.
Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) is an exciting, fast-paced research communication competition. It was developed by the University of Queensland and is now held annually in over 900 universities across the globe. Participants take up the challenge to share the story of their research with a general audience in under three minutes, supported by nothing more than a single, static slide.
Why take part?
Three Minute Thesis is so much more than great prizes, making friends and having fun. It’s valuable practice in communicating research clearly and concisely to a general audience. When you join in, you can:
- Develop your ability to craft an engaging research story
- Build up your presentation and public speaking skills
- Enrich your peer and industry networks
- Increase your confidence and your employability
- Gain exposure for your research - prizes include the opportunity to present your research to a national or international audience
2021 competition dates
|Friday 30 July
||Finals practice session (finalists only)
|Friday 6 August
||University of Auckland Final|
|Thursday 26 August||Inter-University Masters Final
|Thursday 16 September||U21 Three Minute Thesis Competition deadline
|Wednesday 20 October||Asia-Pacific Final