Three Minute Thesis 2020
Find 2020 competition details, dates, entry forms and resources.
Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) is an exciting, fast-paced research communication competition. It was developed by the University of Queensland and is now held annually in over 900 universities across the globe. Participants take up the challenge to share the story of their research with a general audience in under three minutes, supported by nothing more than a single, static slide.
Three Minute Thesis Final 2020: the results!
Read what happened, here: Stick insects steal show at Three Minute Thesis Final.
Check out the full list of winners and finalists and watch their presentations at 2020 winners.
2020 competition dates and registration
Dates for finalists
|Tuesday 28 July
||Practice session (finalists)|
|Thursday 6 August||University Final
|Thursday 17 September
||NZ Inter-University Masters Final (masters winner)
|Monday 21 September||U21 online competition voting opens (doctoral winner)
|Thursday 1 October
||Virtual Asia-Pacific Final (doctoral winner)|
Why take part?
Three Minute Thesis is so much more than great prizes, making friends and having fun. It’s valuable practice in communicating research clearly and concisely to a general audience. When you join in, you can:
- Develop your ability to craft an engaging research story
- Build up your presentation and public speaking skills
- Enrich your peer and industry networks
- Increase your confidence and your employability
- Gain exposure for your research - prizes include the opportunity to present your research to a national or international audience